Get ready for your video-chat appointment! Nutrition Works prefers to use the secure, HIPAA-compliant VSee app for video-chats. During the COVID-19 emergency, you and your dietitian can mutually agree to use other video-chat platforms as well. Please be advised that Facetime, Skype, Google Chat, Viber, Zoom, etc. don’t have the same level of protection of your personal health information. Also, while we will make every effort to protect it, we have been asked to inform you that personal health information exchanged via email may not be secure to our usual HIPAA standards.
As soon your video-chat appointment is scheduled:
- Make sure that you have provided your email address to Nutrition Works LLC at the time of scheduling.
- Install and use VSee Messenger from your Android phone or tablet, or from your iPhone or iPad. Just go to the Google Play or App Store and download the free app.
- The first time you sign into the app you will have to create a username and password. Please do this right away after installing the app. Don’t wait until the time of your appointment. Be sure to make a note of your credentials for use later. You can sign out of the app when you are not using it.
- At some point before your appointment, your dietitian will invite you to be a Vsee contact. You will get an email invitation from her, which you will accept. You will see your dietitian in your list of contacts next time you sign into VSee.
On the day of your appointment:
- If nutrition services are a covered benefit on your health insurance policy, have your medical insurance card available. If you have a co-pay or a balance due, please have a credit card available.
- If nutrition services are not a covered benefit on your health insurance policy, please have a credit card available, for payment in full at the time of service.
- Make sure you are in a location with a solid internet connection or cell service.
- A few minutes before your appointment, power on your device, open the app, and sign in.
- Your dietitian will contact you through the app to start the video call. You will receive a notification–follow the prompts to answer. Remember we will be able to hear AND see each other, so make sure you are “presentable”!
- After the appointment, please sign out of your VSee app.
If we have not contacted you within 5 minutes of our appointment time, please call Nutrition Works at 207-772-6279 or at the phone number your dietitian provided. If necessary, leave a voice mail, and one of us will call you back as soon as possible.