Nutrition Works uses Zoom meetings for video-chat appointments. One day and four days before your visit, you will receive an Appointment Reminder email from Nutrition Works with a link to the meeting. Just click on the link a few minutes before your appointment and your dietitian will meet you there! If this is your first time using Zoom please allow 5 or 10 extra minutes to follow the prompts.*
Prepare for a successful video-chat:
- Provide your email address to Nutrition Works at the time of scheduling. You will get two e-mailed reminders about your meeting, four days and one day before the appointment. While we make every effort to protect your personal health information on our end, please be aware that information exchanged by email is only as secure as your own password-protected device and email account. If you have concerns about using your email for this purpose, please discuss them with us before scheduling.
- NEW PATIENTS: Please take care of your paperwork right away. If your appointment is two or more weeks away** we will send you some forms in the U.S. Mail. Open the envelope as soon as you receive it and start your 2-4 day food record immediately. Please fill the forms out carefully, including all of the required information from your insurance card. As soon as you have finished your 2-4 day food record, mail the forms to Nutrition Works LLC, 805 Stevens Ave, Portland, ME 04103. We need to receive the forms by Friday of the week before your visit.
- Five minutes before the appointment, make sure you are located somewhere with a good internet or cellular connection. Allow extra time if you have never used Zoom before.*
- Click on the link in the reminder e-mail to enter your dietitian’s waiting room.
- You will see the message “Waiting for the host to start this meeting” or “The host has another meeting in progress.” Wait at this screen; stay nearby.
- Follow the prompts to “Join with Video,” and to hear other please join audio using “Wifi or Cellular Data”. You may also have to allow the use of your camera and microphone.
- If you are stuck, copy and paste the Zoom meeting link into a different web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.). Or try using a different device; sometimes a smartphone works better than computer or vice versa. Please note, you will be responsible for your own telephone and data charges, so if that is not OK, please let us know so we can arrange an in-office visit for you.
- As close as possible to the time of your appointment, your dietitian will launch the meeting. If you are unable to connect via Zoom, she will phone you at the number you provided when you booked your appointment.
* You may have to install the app on your device. After you install it, you will see a rather confusing screen asking you to “Start a meeting”, “Join a meeting”, “Sign up”, “Sign in”; You don’t have to do any of those things. Just go back to your email, find the link, and click on it again. Follow the prompts to join the meeting.
**If there won’t be time for mailing papers back and forth, you can download the appropriate new patient forms from our web site. Return them to us by one of the following methods as soon as possible:
- Fax the completed forms to us at (888) 975-0245. Please use a cover sheet that calls attention by name to the dietitian you will be seeing.
- Email the completed forms directly to your dietitian. Your reminder email will include your dietitian’s email address near the bottom of the message.